IEEE CIG 2014 StarCraft AI Competition
March 19, 2014 in 미분류 by admin
NOTE: The competition results have been released!!
Welcome to the IEEE CIG 2014 StarCraft AI Competition!!!
Over the last years, the AIIDE and CIG StarCraft competitions have seen quite some progress in the development and evolution of new StarCraft bots. For the evolution of the bots, participants used various approaches for making AI bots and it has fertilized game AI and methods such as HMM, Bayesian model, CBR, Potential fields, and reinforcement learning. However, it is still quite challenging to develop AI for the game because it should handle a number of units and buildings while considering resource management and high-level tactics.
The purpose of this competitions is developing RTS game AI and solving challenging issues on RTS game AI such as uncertainty, real-time process, managing units. Through this competition, each AI bots can be evaluated.This competition is part of the Computational Intelligence in Games conference 2014.
March 19, 2014 in 미분류 by admin
- Detailed results
- Source code of the bots
- Replay Files
(AIUR, BTHAI, CruzBot, ICEBot, LetaBot, MaasCraft, MooseBot, NOVA, NusBot, TerranUAB, UAlbertaBot2013, WOPR, XIMP)
March 17, 2014 in 미분류 by admin
The competition will use StarCraft Brood War 1.16.1. You must possess a legal copy of the game.
Bots for StarCraft shall use the Broodwar API, which provides hooks into StarCraft and enables the development of custom AI for StarCraft. Interfaces in many languages are available to query the current state of the game and issue orders to units.
The following material is a bit outdated, as it was prepared by Ben Weber for the AIIDE StarCraft competition in 2010 (and not everything has been updated since then). However, it still provides a valuable starting point if you want to start designing and implementing a bot from scratch. Please note, that the referenced BWAPI versions are not used any more for our competition. (we go with two versions of BWAPI that is 3.7.4 as well as the newest version of BWAPI released before June, 2014, which will be 4.X)
- Instructions for setting up the environment are available here
- An introduction to the Broodwar API is available here
- Instructions for building a bot that communicates with a remote process are available here.
- A JNI (Java) bridge to the BWAPI by Ben Weber is available here
- Sparcraft : an open source StarCraft combat simulater. It can be used to create standalone combat simulations or be imported into an existing BWAPI-based StarCraft bot to provide additional AI functionality.
- Tournament Manager Software : This program helps to play a lot of games of StarCraft automatically.
- BWSAL (BWAPI Standard Add-on Library) : This library aims to develop several add-ons for BWAPI, which are scour manager, worker mamanger, supply manager, etc.
March 16, 2014 in 미분류 by admin
- Game type is 1 vs.1 full game StarCraft: BroodWar 1.16.1 with fog-of-war enabled
- Bots will be run in a native Windows 7 environment.
- Using BWAPI which is 3.7.4 as well as the newest version released before June, 2014, which will be 4.X
- Time limit is 86400 frames (60min). After that time, In-game score will be used to determine the winner
- Full Round-robin tournament, with as many rounds as possible.
- Various and many maps will be used for the competition and they are different from the maps in the AIIDE competition.
※ Conflict of Interest
Organizing AND participating in events like this can be tricky, we get access to competitors source code prior to running the tournament.
We address this problem as follows:
- Before accepting zip files, we will distribute the MD5 check sums of our zip files to all participants. This way, participants can be confident that we don’t change our entry after seeing their source code.
Except the rules above, More specific rules are same as for the AIIDE StarCraft AI competition
March 15, 2014 in 미분류 by admin
Submission deadline is August 10, 2014.
To submit AI bot, please send e-mail to organizer with bot’s source code, execute file and information about bot name, contributor, affiliation, race, BWAPI version, brief description.
- Only register if you agree to releasing your source code.
March 13, 2014 in 미분류 by admin
If you have any comments or inquiries, please mail to: Prof. Kyung-Joong Kim, Ho-Chul Cho or In-Seok Oh
StarCraft®: Brood War®
Used with permission granted to CIG. Blizzard has consented to run the competition via the Broodwar API interface, which uses a back door of the game and is not in any form related to Blizzard. Thanks!
©1998 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. StarCraft, Brood War and Blizzard Entertainment are trademarks or registered trademarks of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Welcome to IEEE CIG 2014 StarCraft AI Competition
March 10, 2014 in 미분류 by admin